Kip McGrath Education Centres is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that personal and sensitive information collected via our website www.kipmgrath.co.uk is gathered in compliance with this Privacy Notice.
Kip McGrath Education Centres are operated as a franchise. The Franchisor is Kip McGrath Education Australia Pty Ltd, an Australian company, of Level 3, 6 Newcomen Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300, which is, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller. This website www.kipmcgrath.co.uk is operated by Kip McGrath Education Australia Pty Ltd. References in this Privacy Notice to the “KMEC group”, “we”, “us” and “our” are to Kip McGrath Education Australia Pty Ltd and members of its group (which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries), Kip McGrath Education UK Ltd (the Kip McGrath Education Centres UK Head Office).
Our Privacy Notice, as outlined below includes details about the type of information we collect, how this information is used, stored and disclosed.
Customers and Website Users
Through our Kip McGrath Education Centres and official websites, customers and website users have the opportunity to enquire and purchase our products and services. In order to respond to these enquiries and provide these services and/or download any available products we ask customers and website users for some personal and educational information.
What information is collected?
We may collect the following information about you when you enrol or enquire about our products or services:
- Identifying and contact information (name, address, postcode, phone number, email
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information requested on voluntary customer surveys and/or offers
- Information about you or your child’s education history, status and abilities
- Information about your intended use of our services or products
- Accounting, billing, credit or other payment card verification and screening, credit card details if applicable
When someone visits our Website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our Website.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our Website. This analytical tool uses “Cookies” which are small txt files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
You can find out more about the way cookies work and Google Analytics on www.cookiecentral.com and or www.allaboutcookies.org and www.google.com/analytics.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you wish to decline cookies you can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in few cases some of our Website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, which are outside of our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy notices. We would encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Website Copyright Notice
Copyright subsisting in the content of this Website, including without limitation all trade marks, texts and graphics and information, is owned by KMEC group, save where expressly stated. Copying or reproduction of the whole or any part of this Website in any form, including electronic media, is expressly prohibited save that you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your own personal use, provided that you acknowledge us as the source of the material.
How is the information used?
This information is used only within the KMEC group to enable us to contact you by post, email or telephone for:
- responding to your enquiry
- providing the most suitable services or products
- ongoing tracking of student progress
- providing feedback to parents on their child’s progress
- sending you offers and news about services and products provided by us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- communication purposes to continually improve our services, products and customer service levels.
- statistical analysis, customer surveys, customer relations and to help with future dealings with you.
We will only contact you by e-mail for marketing purposes if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email or write to the address shown below.
Personal information provided to us through submission of an employment application will be used for analysis of suitability for a position available.
What sorts of personal information do we ask for?
- Identifying and contact information (name, address, phone, email etc)
- A CV and cover letter outlining your job history, experience, education and skills as they relate to the position applied for.
- Due to the nature of our business some positions require extra information to be provided or obtained to ensure compliance with child protection legislation.
- If hired, banking, Inland Revenue, pension and other related information.
If you apply to work at Kip McGrath Education Centres, we will only use the information you supply to us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing you beforehand unless required by law.
If your application is successful your personal details will form part of an employee record. The KMEC group will only disclose this information when required by law to authorised government agencies (e.g. Inland Revenue Office), or otherwise as directed by yourself.
Limited personal information may be made available internally within the KMEC group to other employees or managers via organisation employee contact lists whether hard copy or on the organisation intranet.
How is the information stored and disclosed?
Where we store the information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
The information you provide is only available to authorised personnel of the KMEC group who need access to the information in order to do their roles.
We require all computer and network security systems to have appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of personal information. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it in a secure manner. This is subject to any legal obligations we have to keep information for a certain period of time.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the KMEC group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or such business or assets.
- If Kip McGrath Education Australia Pty Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the KMEC group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The KMEC group makes every effort to ensure information collected is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage you to help us by telling us immediately if you change your contact details.
You have the right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information held about you, please email or write to us at the address shown below marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Kip McGrath Education UK Ltd. We also reserve the right to use reasonable measures to check your identity before any information will be disclosed to you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to the address as shown below as soon as possible and they will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Complaints or Queries
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. If you have any requests or concerns about any information contained within our Privacy Notice, email or write to:
Kip McGrath Education Centres UK Head Office
Tel: 01452 382282
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We aim to keep our privacy notice under regular review and any changes we make to this privacy notice will be posted on the Website. A copy of the latest notice containing updates can be requested from the address shown above.
This privacy notice was last updated on 1st October 2012.